6 shortcuts will allow you to insert, delete, move, and copy rows or columns with easy. Applying them will make you look like an Excel-pro to your team and client, even if you just started!
|Ctrl–arrow keys||Extend selection (to multiple rows/columns)|
|Ctrl–X||Cut (use together with Ctrl–+ to move to new location)|
- Select: Use Ctrl–Space to select the current column – or Shift–Space for the current row.
- Extend (optional): Press Shift and use the arrow keys to extend the selection. E.g. if you want to insert 5 blank columns, extend your selection to 5 columns.
- Action: You can now:
- Insert rows/columns with Ctrl–+
- Delete rows/columns with Ctrl–-
- Copy rows/columns with Ctrl–C
- Cut rows/columns with Ctrl–X
If you copied rows/columns, you can insert a copy at another column/row by selecting the target row/column and press Ctrl–+. Also, if you select a multiple of the original number of copied rows/columns, Excel will fill all of them with copies of the original.
Similarly, if you cut columns/rows, Ctrl–+ will move them to the new selection.
Trackback from your site.